Friday, November 20, 2009

Why when I download Flash drive is it confirmed and then I am redirected to download again?

This is happening all the time and I cannot use sites that need flash drive. I have windows XP.



Why when I download Flash drive is it confirmed and then I am redirected to download again?windows mobile 6



I assume you mean "Flash player"?



It's probably redirecting you to the page that shows which version of Flash player is installed (which of course uses Flash). Close out Firefox, install the plugin and start Firefox again. If you're still not sure if it actually installed, type "about:plugins" (without the quotes) into the address bar and hit enter. This will show you which plugins are installed.



Also, Firefox has a security feature that requires you to specifically allow downloads from sites. The first time you try to download something from a site, you will see a little yellow info bar at the top of the screen saying something like "Firefox prevented this site from downloading software to your computer". Click the bar to bring up the box where you can add sites that are allowed to download software to your computer. The URL will already be filled in - just click "Allow" then click "OK" and try the download again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++