Friday, November 20, 2009

When I try to open my opening internet page, my.yahoo, I am redirected to cm.my.yahoo.?

Internet explorer then aborts, stating that it can't open cm.my.yahoo



When I try to open my opening internet page, my.yahoo, I am redirected to cm.my.yahoo.?windows installer



At first thought, I am thinking that maybe you're browser was hijacked by a BHO (Browser Helper Object). But, since you are re-directed to a wep page which is a variant of Yahoo!, then I think, maybe you were not hijacked.



Step 1.



Determine which browser you are using. I can assist with Internet Explorer (IE) and Mozilla Firefox.



Step 2a.



If Internet Explorer (IE), on the file menu, click TOOLS, then INTERNET OPTIONS. On the GENERAL tab, at HOME PAGE, you will see a dialog box with a web address. Highlight that address, delete it, then type the address you want for your Homepage. (e.g. www.the-site-you-want.com)



or



Step 2b



If Mozilla Firefox, click TOOLS, then OPTIONS. On the MAIN tab, to the right of HOME PAGE, you will see a dialog box with a web address. Highlight that address, delete it, then type the address you want for your Homepage. (e.g. www.the-site-you-want.com)



All the best !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++